Please go to the Planning or Consultations page of this website for more details if you wish to comment.
Comments due by 26/1.
CEC are proposing to re-designate key parts of the road network to help pedestrians and cyclists travel safely while meeting physical distancing requirements. In summary, proposals to promote safe travel to Bonaly Primary are:
To prohibit motor vehicles on Bonaly Brae with closure at Bonaly Brae/Bonaly Grove
Exemptions are for residents, pedestrians, cyclists, blue badge holders, emergency services and waste vehicles.
All feedback will be reviewed and where possible the scheme will be further refined.
From Sunday 24 January, Lothian will introduce a revised timetable across most services on the Lothian Buses, Lothian Country and East Coast Buses networks to continue to deliver for those customers who still require essential travel.
Our teams have been collating and reviewing feedback received from our customers and drivers in recent weeks, alongside in-depth analysis of new travel patterns generated by the current lockdown.
Key changes for the network will include:
- On weekdays, additional morning journeys will be introduced on most services to provide additional capacity for key workers.
- Some services will see a slight reduction in evening frequencies as a result of lower levels of customer demand.
- Service 3 will serve Dalkeith Campus from Monday to Friday.
- Service 37 will serve Easter Bush Campus from Monday to Friday, running every 30 minutes.
- Service 47B will only operate at peak times in the morning and evening from Monday to Friday.
- Service 15 will continue to serve Easter Bush Campus during the day from Monday to Saturday.
- Services 45, X25, X26, X29, X31, X33, X37 and X44 will remain suspended until further notice.
Let’s protect ourselves, our community and our local businesses- call it in to keep it out!
Updated plans for the Lanark Road, Longstone Road and Inglis Green Road route have been made public by CEC. They say that following feedback received the measures have been adapted to maximise the available parking as far as safely can be provided with loading bays being retained. A letter will be sent to residents along the route with a link to the plans which will be added to the Council website. The maps are available linked below. These files are 3Mb each.
For further information about how the Council is implementing temporary road measures to support safe walking, wheeling and cycling please visit www.edinburgh.gov.uk/spacesforpeople
The My Place Awards celebrate community-led built environment projects that have transformed their locality.
HOW TO ENTER: Community groups responsible for a transformative, regenerative built environment project can enter through the My Place Awards entry form.
The Scottish Government has launched the Test and Protect app. Information and link to download on the Health page of this website.
City of Edinburgh Council has published it's own guidance on Coronavirus: https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/coronavirus
and NHS info here: https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus