iThrive Edinburgh is the new online mental health and wellbeing resource for those living in our city. The site has a service directory which shows over 190 community and third sector organisations that can support positive mental health and wellbeing. These services can be searched by either locality (SW for Colinton) or Colinton itself. The site also has a self-management page showing you how to best manage common mental health problems such as anxiety, low mood and problems with sleep.
New National Self Directed Support (SDS) service
National learning disability support organisation Enable Scotland have recently launched their new national Self Directed Support (SDS) service. This service offers the following when seeking to better understand how to use SDS to support a loved one with a learning disability:
- - Freephone telephone advice and support
- - Providing accessible SDS advice and guidance in a way you understand.
- - Online information sessions and peer discussions
- - 1:1 support with no time limit.
- - Ongoing casework for more complex cases.
- - Helping you to understand the 4 Budget Options and what they can mean to you.
- - Support with Assessments, Reviews and Person-Centred Planning.
- - Advocating on your behalf or representing you with Social work, School, Health or other Professionals meetings (Being YOUR Voice).
- - Empowering you to positively challenge decision makers.
- - Help to use your social care budget more creatively.
- - Empowering you to take control of your support, and find the things that are really important to you and your life.
- - Raising Awareness of SDS everywhere in Scotland.
Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) also offer a similar service which can be used by anyone accessing SDS including older adults (+65), those living with a mental illness or living with a physical disability. Home - Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) (lothiancil.org.uk)